Minneapolis-Moline.com Forum Index Minneapolis-Moline.com
MinneapolisMoline

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Back to Minneapolis-Moline Homepage

Dealer service error

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minneapolis-Moline.com Forum Index -> Car Repair
View previous topic :: View next topic  
steve

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 7:20 pm    Post subject: Dealer service error Reply with quote

I will make this as short as possible. I took my pick up in for the 60,000 mile service and they put the wrong fluid in the rear limited slip. I drove it for about 400 miles prior to figuring out the error.It started to "shimmy" on corners. I pulled the horse trailer at a weight of 5000 and change for about 300 of those miles. Dealer admitted the error and corrected the situation. They initially offered a 12,000 mile addtional waranty on the limited slip. I said no and they have now offered to replace the internal clutches or bump the warrranlty to 3 years or 36,000. I really don't want them to rebuild anything unless it turns out to be damaged. I don't want to appear greedy, but ther offer seems real "light" to me. I would really appreciate some of your opinions. The truck went out of power train warranty at 60,000. I have yet to talk to anyone from the manufacturer. Thanks.
kevin moschenrose

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did they say anything about a warranty on the rear if they where to go ahead and rebuild it? If it was mine I would go ahead and have they repair it any way and have all this put on paper as well. I wouldn't feel bad about a rebuild on this either. I don't think that is asking too much from them seeing how they offered to do this any way. I do doubt that the clutches are hurt any inside but it didn't do it any good either. I think that's a very good dealer you have there and I would still go back to them anyway no matter what you are going to do with the rear end problem. Those trucks are not getting any cheaper either. My wife let me get a new 07 Super Duty and as soon as I drove it off the lot we both heard a big thud sound. The noise turned out to be a 5000.00 depreciation on the truck just dropped off.
It's the journey that makes me happy, not the destination. A.K.A. "Kevin MUSHY Moschenrose"38KTA 50UTS 50GTB 42GTA 61 JSTAR 63 M5 58 5STAR GAS,LP,DIESEL 59 400M LS300 HARV. 69 2 BOT. TUMBLEBUG MOLINE RIDGER HILLER & 2 BOT. AF PLOW D SHELLER
steve

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The warranty on the rebuild is 12 months or 12,000 miles.The more I think about it, I am leaning toward taking the 3 year offer. A friend of mine knows a drive line mechanic who said that I should be careful about having the dealer rebuild the rear end. I do appreciate your thoughts. Thanks.
kevin moschenrose

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah either way I guess is really okay too. But by all means get that warranty in writing and not word by mouth. Odds are you may have it traded off be that warranty runs out any way. Good luck with it.
It's the journey that makes me happy, not the destination. A.K.A. "Kevin MUSHY Moschenrose"38KTA 50UTS 50GTB 42GTA 61 JSTAR 63 M5 58 5STAR GAS,LP,DIESEL 59 400M LS300 HARV. 69 2 BOT. TUMBLEBUG MOLINE RIDGER HILLER & 2 BOT. AF PLOW D SHELLER
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minneapolis-Moline.com Forum Index -> Car Repair All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: