Minneapolis-Moline.com Forum Index Minneapolis-Moline.com
MinneapolisMoline

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Back to Minneapolis-Moline Homepage

WVO first step

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minneapolis-Moline.com Forum Index -> General Renewable Fuel Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joe Leising

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:25 pm    Post subject: WVO first step Reply with quote

Well, it's official. I'm hugging trees as my would say. I was at a show this past weekend down home (my home town). I had taekn several cubbies of oil with me. Burned dino fuel all weekend to and from as well as hauling tractors. On the trip back home I ran about a 50/50 mix in the tank. Ol' Dodge Cummins seems to run just fine on it so far. I'm going to add more WVO to the tank tomorrow and see what happens. I need to make some improvements to the filtering system, but I think it is going to work. Truck smells different too Very Happy

Joe

Joe, Robin, Olin, and Sydney

Ollie's tractor 1955 BG
Syd's tractor 1937 JT
Robin's tractor 1949 UT

And the rest are all mine!!!! '53 ZB, '51 R, '63 100 L&G '47 Ugggly, '53 BF '50 ZA
Steve Sewell

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe, I'm running a 50/50 WVO and dino in a 85 ranger diesel. It just loves it. Smile Running 100% in my 855 John deere (the one we loaded your trailer with) . Runs great, just get hungry for a fish dinner when using it. Rolling Eyes I'll take it to the 50/50 this winter to help with starting on those 0 days when I need it to move snow. A friend in NC makes it. I got a drum from him this spring and need to go back to see him as it's almost all gone.

_ steve
sewell@ohio.edu
Joe Leising

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm probably going to slide to about 75 or 80% veggie oil as soon as I get my filter's figgured out. Plus we are going to be frying more fish at church soon, so my supply will go back up.........

Joe, Robin, Olin, and Sydney

Ollie's tractor 1955 BG
Syd's tractor 1937 JT
Robin's tractor 1949 UT

And the rest are all mine!!!! '53 ZB, '51 R, '63 100 L&G '47 Ugggly, '53 BF '50 ZA
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minneapolis-Moline.com Forum Index -> General Renewable Fuel Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: