Minneapolis-Moline.com Forum Index Minneapolis-Moline.com
MinneapolisMoline

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Back to Minneapolis-Moline Homepage

A/c Problems 2002 Jeep Laredo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minneapolis-Moline.com Forum Index -> Car Repair
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mark

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:43 am    Post subject: A/c Problems 2002 Jeep Laredo Reply with quote

Hi i'm new to this.
Here my problem, When I turn on the a/c there is a light mist or smoke coming out of the vents..It started happening here and there but now it is all the time..I don't think it is mist cause my hand stays dry when I put it up to the vent....I'm a little concerned cause my wife is always in the car and is pregnent and the Jeep dealer can't find anything wrong which I don't understand cause the smoke is quit visible...
Tony Turner
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:59 pm    Post subject: It's fine Reply with quote

Hi Mark,
Your AC is probably fine if is still cooling ok. What you are seeing is a "fog". Here in the south we see that a lot in humid weather especially when it's not real hot outside. As warm moist air blows over the ice cold evaporator it forms a condensed vapor, like when you breath outside in the cold weather. It doesn't hurt anything and may clear up as the weather changes.

You can switch the AC to recirculate and see if that makes a difference (it does down here because the air inside the car is less humid than what's coming in from outside) .

I wouldn't worry with it.... but that's just me, I've lived down here a LONG time Very Happy

Later,
Tony

If you look for the bad in mankind expecting to find it, you surely will ---- Abraham Lincoln
Mark

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:22 pm    Post subject: A/c Problems 2002 Jeep Laredo Reply with quote

It has been humid so that could be the problem.. This site is pretty cool..
Thanks Mark Wink
minniemobuddha

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im with you tony.another way to think of it is like a dry ice fog.wierd but harmless.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minneapolis-Moline.com Forum Index -> Car Repair All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: