Minneapolis-Moline.com Forum Index Minneapolis-Moline.com
MinneapolisMoline

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Back to Minneapolis-Moline Homepage

Diesel Pickup trucks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minneapolis-Moline.com Forum Index -> Car Repair
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steve Sewell

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:52 pm    Post subject: Diesel Pickup trucks Reply with quote

I really like my 2002 Ford Powerstroke and don't plan to trade anytime soon. So I have not been looking at any of the diesel 'boards' for the last year or so. To those that have newer trucks, are looking and/or are up to date on the latest - whats HOT these days????? My personal take - I have looked at the new Ford and hate it - you can't see the engine for all the hoses, tubes and wires - Dodges????? - Chevy, my neighbor has one and likes it but starts to mumble when it comes to MPG. Also I remember reading a couple of years ago the Toyota was thinking of getting into the full size/1 ton market. Story was that as they sponcored a NASCAR Caterpillar car they were going to have a Cat v-8 turbo as an engine???

Not looking for a "my trucks better than yours" talk. Just looking for those that have been paying attention. We all need trucks to pull our toys around. Smile

- Steve
sewell@ohio.edu
minniemobuddha

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

all the ford owners ive asked sayt they wish it had a little more power and that the transmissions seem to hunt for a gear,aven under light loads.the gm truck does suffer from lower mileage,not sure why.the power seems to be there,but ive seen those smoke a little more than the others.i love the cummins in the dodge,but its the same story since the 60s;great powertrain,but the bodies fall apart(rust).toyota doesnt feel like the sales would justify the expense to create a tonner,and they dont want to slap heavy axles under their frames.mind you these are all showroom stock trucks.i cant talk to the people that have modified their truck,they thinkl im out to steal their little secret.i think it all depends on what your willing to put up with.just my dimes worth.steve
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minneapolis-Moline.com Forum Index -> Car Repair All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: