Minneapolis-Moline.com Forum Index Minneapolis-Moline.com
MinneapolisMoline

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Back to Minneapolis-Moline Homepage

new ATV's & Mini bike law

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Minneapolis-Moline.com Forum Index -> Minneapolis-Moline Tractor Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
john graham

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:30 pm    Post subject: new ATV's & Mini bike law Reply with quote

Well, some of you have predicted the collapse of our great country. Some have said that we are sliding down a slippery slope. Some have said that our freedoms are disappearing little by little, underneath our eyes. Some have said that the Government has run totally off course and only a Revolution would reverse its course.

And I sat here, thinking you all had been drinking a little too much bathwater. Not any more.

The very worse case scenario has happened. They have taken away something that is near and dear to me and my personal slice of Americana:

The Minibike.

Our brilliant lawmakers have come up with an ingenious plan to save the children. Something about lead content????

I got this email from our riding club President yesterday>

As of today all motorcycles and product/parts for motorcycles and ATV's for kids have been made illegal to sell in the USA. ALL of the manufacturers Honda, Yamaha, Kawisaki, KTM, Cobra, Polini, Polaris ALL have instructed or should have instructed there dealers to take all of the motorcycles and ATV off of the sales floor. They have also been told to no longer sell parts. This law was past to protect kids from lead in their toys that they might chew on and somehow motorcycles got wrapped up in it. We have just got off of a conference call with Congressmen Tom Self and the other manufactures of motorcycles.

Tom Self (State Representative District 116 in Missouri) has set up a website that will send a letter to all the people of this committee to get their attention. We are trying to shut down there email and fax machines here in the next 2 to 3 days.

Please go to http://www.tomself.com and put in your name and address and the letters will be sent.

Make sure to do a letter for yourself and also have your wife, children, cousin, grandparents, coworkers, ect. We need millions of letters to get this done. The Motorcycle Industry Council has the paperwork in Washington to be signed but with all of the stimulus/ TARP stuff going on no one will stop and take the time to look into this. Please send this information to anyone you have contact with. This is happening and we need YOUR help. If anyone says different do not believe them.

Thank You

Stacy McKinley
602) 577-2123
Please join me in reversing the most hideous law ever created.

For the love of all things mechanical......SAVE THE FRIGGIN' MINIBIKES!!!!
"What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else."
Tony Turner
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:14 am    Post subject: Oh Well Reply with quote

Well, I hate to do it but I have to. I consider this to be a political comment so I have to remove it from the board. I broke my own rule about political comments during and after the presidential campaign so I kind of feel like a hypocrite.

I will leave this post up for a couple of days then I will see if I need to start another area of the site (not this forum but maybe something like the car repair forum) where we can say pretty much anything we want. I know most sites today have such an area but I've kind of ignored those until now.

John, please know that I'm not mad at you (heck I wrote my senator about it already) but I have to enforce this rule for the good of this forum.

Thanks,
Tony

If you look for the bad in mankind expecting to find it, you surely will ---- Abraham Lincoln
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Minneapolis-Moline.com Forum Index -> Minneapolis-Moline Tractor Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: