Minneapolis-Moline.com Forum Index Minneapolis-Moline.com
MinneapolisMoline

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Back to Minneapolis-Moline Homepage

ALUMINUM DASH SWITCH PLATE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minneapolis-Moline.com Forum Index -> Minneapolis-Moline Tractor Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
QUATMANN

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:06 pm    Post subject: ALUMINUM DASH SWITCH PLATE Reply with quote

I AM PONDERING HAVING DASH SWITCH PLATES MADE FOR R, Z, U, G SERIES TRACTORS. THEY WOULD BE PAINTED INSTEAD OF A DECAL LIKE THE ORIGINAL ONES. IS THERE ANY INTREST IN THESE OR IS SOMEBODY ALREADY MAKING THEM.
THANKS, BRAD
B.BREBERG

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I WOULD SAY THAT EVERYONE USING THIS SITE SHOULD BE SUPPORTING ANYONE THAT LOOKS INTO REPRODUCING ITEMS SUCH AS THIS !!! AFTER ALL USED PARTS ARE HARDER TO FIND ALL THE TIME. IM A CASE IH PARTSMAN AND DEAL WITH ISSUES LIKE, "WELL ITS BEEN DISCONTINUED" THEN THE CUSTOMER JUST CANT UNDERSTAND WHY..ITS ONLY 40 YRS OLD. I THINK CLUBS LIKE THIS SHOULD SUPPORT ALL WHO TAKE ON A TASK OF MAKING REPRO-PARTS.
G. L. Grumpy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the arced one for the long handled switch? Originals must be stamped as they are 3D, raised areas in black with white or silver background. One couldn't do the 3D, but I'm not a fan of idea of the decal lasting long either. Sounds like OK idea to me, but has to be priced right, which I find most repro stuff isn't. There is that place that makes the new ID serial tags, wonder if he would make, or if his procedure would work on small item like this? Seems like those are "printed" somehow? I've gotten those and was well pleased with quality. Would have to look up saved material to get his name. D? graphics or such comes to mind.

If you find more info on this idea, let us know, seems these plates are always missing or messed up on stuff I've seen or own.
Power King
36 JT with RE engine
50 RTU
55 BG 1-row
kevin moschenrose

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

R-M distributors already does this in a decal and it looks o.k to me. I have them on my G and my U and the weather just fine as well. It looks to me it is the same material as what their hood decals and such are made of.
It's the journey that makes me happy, not the destination. A.K.A. "Kevin MUSHY Moschenrose"38KTA 50UTS 50GTB 42GTA 61 JSTAR 63 M5 58 5STAR GAS,LP,DIESEL 59 400M LS300 HARV. 69 2 BOT. TUMBLEBUG MOLINE RIDGER HILLER & 2 BOT. AF PLOW D SHELLER
John McLucas

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:26 am    Post subject: Serial number plates Reply with quote

I believe it is D & D Graphics that produces the serial number plates.

D&D
840 12th St NW,
Mason City, Iowa
(1) 641-424-2535
outlaw

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stiener Tractor in MI has some of this stuff available also. They have a website, you might want to check there also.
QUATMANN

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info. I will research it further before making any plates.
Ken Hicks

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe Les Wenzel has these that are not NOS> Would check with him at (507) 465-3334
G. L. Grumpy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad One on epay from Tractorbuzzard that was $13 start bid. He has the dash assembly it came off of too listed, now Naked! Funny how We on the forums start talking about stuff and just after that, the stuff pops up there! Hmmm!
Power King
36 JT with RE engine
50 RTU
55 BG 1-row
Rich'sToys

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw those listings, too. It's too bad he split them up, but I suppose he makes more money on them that way.

I have Mohr's decal on one of mine. I think it looks as good as the original plate. It's been there quite a few years, and the weather has not affected it. I've got a couple more of those decals. I'll probably put them on a couple of my other tractors, if I can find them. Very Happy
G. L. Grumpy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You mean you Can't Find your Tractors?..............Heh! Heh! Must own toooo many then.
Power King
36 JT with RE engine
50 RTU
55 BG 1-row
Rich'sToys

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I know where the tractors are.........but those decals seem to have wandered off on me! Very Happy
QUATMANN

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Les Wenzel does have dash plates. I recieved them today and they look very nice. Thanks for the advice. Brad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minneapolis-Moline.com Forum Index -> Minneapolis-Moline Tractor Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: