Minneapolis-Moline.com Forum Index Minneapolis-Moline.com
MinneapolisMoline

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Back to Minneapolis-Moline Homepage

Propane Chek-loc valve leak

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minneapolis-Moline.com Forum Index -> General Renewable Fuel Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jfmangan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:25 am    Post subject: Propane Chek-loc valve leak Reply with quote

My chek-loc valve on my propane tank was leaking out the pin-hole of the cap when I arrived home the other day. The whole cap was covered in frost. A neighbor tighted the cap (about 1/32) of a turn and the leak stopped. When I called my propane company, they said that just tightening the cap was sufficient.

This has my wife greatly concerned. I would think that the valve should not leak under any circumstances and that if it is leaking, it should at least be inspected, if not replaced. To my knowledge, the valve has never been used since I purchased the tank in 2000. It has been hot lately ~100 F but if the pressure was getting too high, I would expect the pressure safety valve to be the one to vent.

Am I right to be concerned?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minneapolis-Moline.com Forum Index -> General Renewable Fuel Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: