Minneapolis-Moline.com Forum Index Minneapolis-Moline.com
MinneapolisMoline

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Back to Minneapolis-Moline Homepage

Avery bearing help for V

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minneapolis-Moline.com Forum Index -> Minneapolis-Moline Tractor Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
G. L. Grumpy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:38 pm    Post subject: Avery bearing help for V Reply with quote

A freind had his Avery V crank from ZXB turned .020 on mains and .010 on rods. I was trying to help find bearings. NOW, I'm finding those are poured Babbit type, no inserts. SO, what now? Are there places in IN that can pour those? The mains probly need to take the block in, but rods might have a MOLD? Think the fella got ahead of himself on this rebuild, thinking parts could be had. Just in case there is a break that Does have them used, here is the serial #.

M-ZXB-3
E- 1168439

Another choice, he might be interested in another standard crank instead.
Power King
36 JT with RE engine
50 RTU
55 BG 1-row
minniemobuddha

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you could try finding someone that restores model t fords.the rods in those have a poured babbit design too,and i doubt there would be any difference in the procedure.
orgcrate

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:48 pm    Post subject: Bearing for Avery V Reply with quote

I've got a friend that has an early Oliver 60 with babbit bearings. He took the crank to a local machine, had the crank turned and used insert bearings instead of babbit. Don't know how thats done but he told me that last week. If interested and he doesn't mind I'll give you his email and you can talk with him. Dale
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minneapolis-Moline.com Forum Index -> Minneapolis-Moline Tractor Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: