Minneapolis-Moline.com Forum Index Minneapolis-Moline.com
MinneapolisMoline

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Back to Minneapolis-Moline Homepage

OBDII on 1996 and newer vehicles

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minneapolis-Moline.com Forum Index -> Car Repair
View previous topic :: View next topic  
btaylor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:13 am    Post subject: OBDII on 1996 and newer vehicles Reply with quote

I'm not the fastest mechanic but I hate to pay high prices and not get quality work. I also hate taking a vehicle to a dealer for him to tell me why my Check Engine light is on and charge me $75.00 just for hooking up his scan -tool. I'm not afraid to tackle anything (which does cost me more in the long run) but I learn from my mistakes. After many many many hours surfing the net I found a scan-tool program that works with a notebook computer and it's very reasonably priced. This is the link for the company http://www.palmerperformance.com/ I purchased an inexpensive scan tool from another company and tried various free and commercial software programs. I found Palmer Performance when they were just starting up and was one of the original "Testers" The software alone is about 80 bucks but now he is also offering scantool also. This program is easy to use and you can use it while running down the road to check for possible fuel problems. If your auto is running great you can do a baseline scan and save it then when fuel mileage starts dropping or any other problems concerning the auto's computer, you can do another scan and compare the results. You can spot potential problems before the check engine light comes on or if you wait until the dreaded light you and see instantly what the problem is. This complete system works with all OBDII compliant vehicles. My little scan tool is vehicle specific. Only works with Asian vehicles and Chrysler products.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minneapolis-Moline.com Forum Index -> Car Repair All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: