Minneapolis-Moline.com Forum Index Minneapolis-Moline.com
MinneapolisMoline

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Back to Minneapolis-Moline Homepage

Adding Pictures to your Post II

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Minneapolis-Moline.com Forum Index -> Minneapolis-Moline Tractor Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shawn01754

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:50 pm    Post subject: Adding Pictures to your Post II Reply with quote

Could someone tell me how to post some pictures?
a31ford

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shawn,

I'm going to assume you have no "webspace" (as in, your internet provider does NOT give you internet space to upload files to).

That portion (the place to upload files to) you will have to get help locally for, eg: your internet provider). or Photobucket.com is another good example of "webspace".

As far as posting pictures here, the box you type messages in (with the smilies on the left, and a bunch of buttons above where you would type). In the photo below, look for the big black arrow.

The line of text that posted my image of what I'm typing for you looks like this:

http://www.inetlink.ca/a31ford/photo-post.jpg

EXCEPT there are the portions that tell this message posting software (how to handle the special line of text, instead of simply listing it as text).

OK, so now you have seen a photo of something within a message that was posted, here is another example

this photo above is located on the internet at http://www.inetlink.ca/a31ford/kohler-light-plant.jpg BUT, if you don't use the special commands above (see black arrow in first picture) the location is only text within the message you are typing, it's the special commands that tell it to "place photo here" so to speak instead of simply the text.

clear as mud, right ? Shocked

the line of text without the special brackets changed to non-special brackets so you can see the entire line
{img}http://www.inetlink.ca/a31ford/kohler-light-plant.jpg{/img}

OK, I've changed the first picture.... LOOK at the text IN the photo, it is a picture of the text that posts the photo......

A Newbie, yet again... Smile

50 ZAS, 47 UTS, 58 Five Star, handfull of other old toys Smile

Last edited by a31ford on Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
Joe Leising

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shawn,

To be able to post pictures you need to upload them to a photohosting website. I prefer Photobucket. It's free, and seems to be fairly user friendly. Once you get them there there is an area under each photo with different address options that you can copy and paste into the body of your message. It is easiest if you have two browser windows open. Then it is just a matter of copy and pasting the option that begins with [img] and ends with [/img].

If you only want to post a few pictures, and you don't want to mess with photobucket you can e-mail them to me and I will post them.

Joe
tractor_guy at yahoo dot com

Joe, Robin, Olin, and Sydney

Ollie's tractor 1955 BG
Syd's tractor 1937 JT
Robin's tractor 1949 UT

And the rest are all mine!!!! '53 ZB, '51 R, '63 100 L&G '47 Ugggly, '53 BF '50 ZA
Tony Turner
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:15 am    Post subject: Nice job Reply with quote

Nice job Greg,
I have added a "sticky" post to the top of the board that shows someone how to add pictures to their post. I may move your example over to it after a few days.

Shawn,
Have a look at the post I've added, it should help you. Joe has some good information on using photobucket to host your pictures.

BTW! This all sounds much more complicated than it is.

Let me know if I can help.

Thanks Greg and Joe I need all the help I can get!

Thanks,
Tony T

If you look for the bad in mankind expecting to find it, you surely will ---- Abraham Lincoln
a31ford

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LMAO, Tony.... I saw the sticky post after I posted my junk....

just trying to help Embarassed

A Newbie, yet again... Smile

50 ZAS, 47 UTS, 58 Five Star, handfull of other old toys Smile
Tony Turner
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:56 am    Post subject: same time Reply with quote

Greg,
We must have been posting at the same time ----- that's funny Laughing

Later,
Tony T

If you look for the bad in mankind expecting to find it, you surely will ---- Abraham Lincoln
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Minneapolis-Moline.com Forum Index -> Minneapolis-Moline Tractor Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: