Minneapolis-Moline.com Forum Index Minneapolis-Moline.com
MinneapolisMoline

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Back to Minneapolis-Moline Homepage

Getting the most out of wood

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minneapolis-Moline.com Forum Index -> General Renewable Fuel Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
a31ford

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:58 am    Post subject: Getting the most out of wood Reply with quote

Greetings all.

I'm getting closer and closer to the actual "Hook up" portion of my CHP (Combined Heat and Power) installation for my home and shop.

To date, the following have been done,

1) Wood Gasifier for engine use works great ! (5 years in the making).

2) Cyclone, entrained ash filter.

3) Condensate tower, and automatic water removal system.

4) "Woodgas" carburator w/automatic air pressure compensation.

5) Prime mover engine, rebuilding as we speak.

6) Selection of generator (not ordered as yet)

7) Approval from the local utility to do a "scope study" to find the impacts of me selling onto the local section of my electricity grid, and the work arounds they might have to do (or changes I have to do) to acomodate that "extra" electricity at grid level.

Cool Building and electricial service to said building, to house all this junk.

9) Well actually NOT all of it, is in the building, the building will house the "transfer/paralleling" switchgear, the actual gasifier, engine and generator will sit on a trailer beside the building, this way, I can move the trailer to an emergency or demonstration location on a moments notice (remember this unit can power quite a few homes, so as an emergency unit that does NOT require the transport of diesel or gasoline to it, it could be drop shipped into a crisis situation and "roughly live on waste around it" while providing heat and electricty to a small localized area, that needs it.

10) Engine Governor (Electronic) that can ALSO be controled by switchgear for synchronization to the grid for exporting electricity. This Governor also runs 'Stand alone engine" for use when NOT paralleled to the grid (eg: demonstration rig or emegency rig).

For those of you that have not seen my website about all of this....
http://www.inetlink.ca/a31ford/cgcmb/

A Newbie, yet again... Smile

50 ZAS, 47 UTS, 58 Five Star, handfull of other old toys Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minneapolis-Moline.com Forum Index -> General Renewable Fuel Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: