Minneapolis-Moline.com Forum Index Minneapolis-Moline.com
MinneapolisMoline

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Back to Minneapolis-Moline Homepage

anyone have an R clutch apart?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minneapolis-Moline.com Forum Index -> Minneapolis-Moline Tractor Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lindsey Raddatz

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:00 pm    Post subject: anyone have an R clutch apart? Reply with quote

My R needs one of the 3 levers (name of part in svc manual)on the clutch replaced as the end of the head/loop is broken and won't disengage from the clutch and keeps the tractor moving. I got the part awhile ago, and now cannot find the darn thing. Want to get it replaced so I can have second tractor to haul wood with. My 9 year old son is ready to drive so want to give him something where his short legs dont have to reach for a clutch pedal. Such a small part, such a big job to get it replaced Sad

If anyone can help, please post or send PM.

thanks
Lindsey
kevin moschenrose

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I knocked an RTI and a couple rtu's in the head a while back. I will see if I can dig up one out in the barn. I know I have them someplace.
It's the journey that makes me happy, not the destination. A.K.A. "Kevin MUSHY Moschenrose"38KTA 50UTS 50GTB 42GTA 61 JSTAR 63 M5 58 5STAR GAS,LP,DIESEL 59 400M LS300 HARV. 69 2 BOT. TUMBLEBUG MOLINE RIDGER HILLER & 2 BOT. AF PLOW D SHELLER
Lindsey Raddatz

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Kevin, let me know what you find and if you need more info to make sure we have the right part, just let me know.
kevin moschenrose

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lindsey, I fold a some in a bucket in the shed. But I think they are for a model U. Give me another day or two to see if I can find them or not. The price will be worth waiting for! Wink
It's the journey that makes me happy, not the destination. A.K.A. "Kevin MUSHY Moschenrose"38KTA 50UTS 50GTB 42GTA 61 JSTAR 63 M5 58 5STAR GAS,LP,DIESEL 59 400M LS300 HARV. 69 2 BOT. TUMBLEBUG MOLINE RIDGER HILLER & 2 BOT. AF PLOW D SHELLER
Lindsey Raddatz

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well patience I do have..............thanks Kevin.
robb

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:34 pm    Post subject: 9 year olds and R's Reply with quote

I hope I'm not overstepping here, but the R is a fairly dangerous tractor. It has a rather high center of gravity with a very short wheelbase. When I was learning how to drive a tractor on my uncle's farm back in the 50's, age 9 or 10, he turned me loose with an RTU and just enough instruction to get into trouble. I made a tight left turn at moderate speed, and the left drive wheel came up, and up, and...then it went back down again. And I was still alive to tell the story.

So...if it's an RTU or an RTN, please be careful.

Robb Ruyle
kevin moschenrose

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lindsey, I found one in finally in one of the last coffee cans I had in the back of the shelf. At least I think it is one that came out of one the R's I tore down. Send you address and I will mail it to you.
Lindsey Raddatz

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kevin, sent you a PM with my address, just checking to see if you got it.
kevin moschenrose

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I did get it! I mailed it out to you on Saturday and it should be getting to you any day now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minneapolis-Moline.com Forum Index -> Minneapolis-Moline Tractor Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: